FileMaker Relational Design
Thank you for joining Jeremiah Hammond from DB Services in the webinar, FileMaker Relational Design. This topic is based on Module 2 “Data” from the FileMaker Training Series Advanced Book with real world examples.
Understanding how to use the relationship graph is fundamental for custom app development in FileMaker. Developers must understand both relational design—tables, keys, and how to use keys to relate tables—and context. The importance of context cannot be overstated: almost everything in a FileMaker app is evaluated in a context, including relationships in the relationship graph. To truly master FileMaker, developers must master context.
This session is geared toward new developers and existing developers of the platform, and will loosely follow the Data module of the FileMaker Training Series with an emphasis on context.
- Understanding context, the key to the relationship graph
- Identifying relationships and modeling relationships with keys
- ERDs vs the relationship graph
- Working with complex relationships
- Evaluating graph methodologies and which put an emphasis on context
About the Sponsor: