12 Days of FileMaker 12 Series
May 3, 2012
Webinar 8: Server File Management
About this Webinar:
Changes in FileMaker Server 12’s Backup scheme and the new ability to store Container data externally offer significant improvements in data protection, performance and data delivery to the user.
In this session we’ll explore how Progressive Backups work. We’ll also discuss changes in the way Container data is delivered to the user through http streams. We’ll see how all of this operates at the client level when building databases and navigating them as a user.
- Full Backup functionality changes (or, what are hard links anyway?)
- Understanding, Configuring and restoring from Progressive Backups
- Understanding and implementing External Container Data storage
- How streaming and buffering works
- How to configure your Container field for external storage
- An explanation of Secure vs. Open Storage
Title: Webinar 8: Server File Management
Presenter: Colin Keefe
Date: Thursday, May 3, 2012
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT